Cost Of Managed IT Services In Las Vegas
Managed IT services are critical for nearly every business today, but so is staying within budget — now, more than ever before. Recent changes to the global economy may have you scrutinizing the cost of your IT services and what your business can or should do to get a better value.
Here’s what you should know about the true cost of managed IT services in Las Vegas and how to know that you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Managed IT Services
There are many factors that impact the true cost of managed IT services in Las Vegas, including but not limited to:
- The core applications your business uses. If you use a lot of applications or software for your business that either needs to run seamlessly together or be integrated in some way, this can add additional expense to your total IT services bill.
- The complexity of your company’s technology. The more complex the technology used for your business, the more it will cost to have it serviced.
- The number of office locations you have. If your business has multiple locations, you will likely pay either a large sum to service all locations or an agreed-upon fee per location.
- The number of users you have accessing the network at any given time. The greater the number of users you have logging on to your network at any given time, the more bandwidth your network is going to need. Look for price breaks with larger bandwidth packages that will also serve to accommodate future business growth.
- The amount of data that you expect to use. Like bandwidth, the more data your network uses, the more you’ll end up paying for your IT services. This is generally not an area where price negotiations can be had; the cost of data used is the cost of data used.
What’s Included in Your Services?
Another major factor of managed IT service cost is what services are included in your package. IT isn’t a one-size-fits-all service, and the best Las Vegas IT companies are able to mix and match services in an a la carte fashion to tailor to the specific needs of various businesses.
Here are some examples of IT services you may be able to select from that can have an impact on your total cost.
- Outsourced help desk. How often you utilize an outsourced help desk and whether you offer AI or live chat can add cost to your IT service package. However, this may be cheaper than hiring dedicated customer service staff in-house.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance. The costliest IT services are usually data recovery after a breach; proactive maintenance and monitoring to avoid a data breach in the first place are typically much more affordable.
- Email security features. Basic email security features are often included with other managed IT services, however, if you’re looking for additional security like end-to-end encryption, there may be an extra cost.
- Data backup and recovery. In the event that your company experiences a data breach, you’ll need to hire an IT professional to access your data backup and perform recovery services.
- Cybersecurity assessments. The cost of a simple cybersecurity assessment to let you know where your business stands in regards to your network’s strengths and weaknesses is generally quite affordable and a good starting place if you’re unsure of what services your business will need.
- Cybersecurity training. If you elect to have a team of IT professionals provide your staff with cybersecurity training, this can add substantial cost to your IT services. That said, the cost of a data breach is even more expensive, often to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Ensuring your employees are adequately trained to spot phishing attacks, malware, and other security issues is invaluable.
- IT consulting. Usually, Las Vegas IT companies charge a reasonable fee for simple IT consulting. This is a good option for businesses with in-house IT departments that need a professional consultation for a more complex issue than they’re accustomed to handling.
- Compliance. Depending on the type of business you run, you may need to purchase additional compliance features. For example, medical practices that offer telehealth services must abide by HIPAA laws that secure the privacy of their patients’ data through all forms of electronic communication.
- Cloud technologies. Cloud technologies, such as cloud desktops and servers, telephony services, hosted exchange, and backup can add nominal fees to your total cost of IT service if you choose to utilize them.
- Specialized software. If you use highly specialized software that your IT team will need to learn, expect there to be a higher cost for services.
Why You Won’t Get the Same Price Quote from Every IT Company
Even for the same services, you’re unlikely to get the same price from every IT company you call for a quote. There are a few different reasons for this:
- Employee training. If an IT company provides its employees with extensive training or goes above and beyond to help employees obtain industry certifications, they may provide a higher quote for the expert work.
- Equipment used. If the IT professional you hire uses reliable, name-brand equipment that comes with the manufacturer’s warranties, you can expect the quote to be higher.
Be wary of IT service providers with too-low costs. This may mean that the company isn’t reputable, the employees do not have enough training or off-brand equipment is being used.
The Network Security Associates Difference
At Network Security Associates, we pride ourselves in being able to offer quality managed IT services in Las Vegas at an affordable rate. We believe we’ve found a good balance between cost and value, and our highly experienced technicians can help you create a customized IT service package that meets your business and budgetary needs.
Want to learn more about how managed IT solutions can benefit your organization? Call NSA immediately. (702) 213-3759 or speak With Our Online Chat Team.
Since 2003, NSA has been providing top-of-the-line customer care and an extensive array of managed IT services and security to our Las Vegas area clients. Our founder, Robert Davis, started this company because he was passionate about IT services and simultaneously saw a profound need for better customer care in the IT industry.