How Are Co-Managed IT Services Beneficial to Companies with In-House Technology Departments?
If you want to maximize the value you’re getting out of your in-house technology resources, finding a managed services provider is the way to go.
Finding a good technology person is hard. Finding an entire team of good technology people is downright daunting. If you’ve managed to secure a great person or department of in-house technology resources, way to go! Many businesses struggle with this task so you’re certainly doing something right. But if you want to maximize the value you’re getting out of your in-house technology resources, finding a managed services provider is a great option. Nowadays, a state-of-the-art, well-managed infrastructure is absolutely critical to ensure all business operations function smoothly. While an in-house technology department is a great way to ensure stability, they might not always have the skill-sets, availability, and expertise you need.
That’s where co-managed IT services come in handy. You’re able to supplement your internal technology resources with outside help – giving you the ability to maximize the value of those resources. This is perfect for:
- Those who want their in-house department to stay focused on strategic issues and/or planning without worrying about day-to-day tasks.
- Those who want their in-house department to carry out the day-to-day tasks but need a bit of guidance for upcoming projects and/or overall strategy.
- Those who are experiencing growth and require more assistance than they have available to them in-house.
- Those who are struggling with availability issues due to staff going away on vacation, sick days, etc.
Sometimes it simply doesn’t make sense to expand your internal technology resources because the challenges you’re experiencing are directly related to hiring in-house. For instance, you may want to avoid the upfront and hidden costs associated with more staff – from salaries to benefits to computers and/or phones to accommodate them. You may also be looking for more specific expertise and want to avoid having to find and hire the right person, then keep them up-to-date on training.
Co-managed IT services not only enable you to augment your existing technology resources, but you’re also able to avoid having to find and maintain new resources as you grow or face new challenges. You pay a flat-rate monthly fee for exactly what you need – giving you peace of mind knowing the cost will be predictable and you’ll have access to an entire team with a range of skill-sets, expertise, and certifications.
How do co-managed IT services play into cybersecurity?
If you’re looking at co-managed IT services as a way to stay secure against cybercrime, you’re on the right track. Nowadays, threats are becoming much more advanced and sophisticated. Many internal technology departments struggle to keep up with the evolving types of attacks while maintaining their day-to-day workload. But protecting your intellectual property, customer data, and other important business assets is critical. Co-managed IT services play into cybersecurity for many reasons:
- As you create more data, it becomes harder for one person or team to keep all of that data safe against hackers.
- As you expand your infrastructure, it becomes harder for one person or team to secure all entry points into the network.
- As you expand your workforce, it becomes harder for one person or team to keep everyone trained on best practices.
Cybersecurity isn’t a set-it-and-forget-it type of scenario and it’s incredibly easy for a person or small team to feel overwhelmed as they see attacks happening all over the world.
Let’s talk about how co-managed IT services can help you meet your strategic business goals. Call us at 702-547-9800 or email us at email@example.com.