What You Can Expect from a Security-Focused IT Services Company
Discover how working with a security-minded IT managed service will provide you with the tools needed to keep your IT network secure and running smoothly.
A lot of IT service providers are eager to tell potential clients about the exponential growth of cybercrime over the last few years. However, the good news is that while hackers do cause innumerable problems for many business owners, you don’t need to be afraid of them if you have the right tools to combat them. Generally speaking, cybercriminals look for easy targets and companies with good security standards don’t have to worry about breaches, ransomware attacks, phishing attacks and other forms of cybercrime. Good IT service providers know this and focus on security tools and training rather than fearmongering.
Network Security Must Be Your Top Priority
Following is an overview of what a security-focused IT service company looks like:
- Ongoing employee training is made a priority because good IT service providers know that 90% of data breaches happen as a result of employee error.
- A free, comprehensive security assessment is offered before a business signs up with the IT service provider. The security assessment not only looks for security vulnerabilities but also pinpoints problems that may be causing the IT system to run slower or less efficiently than it should. If your business needs to adhere to specific industry regulations such as HIPAA or NGC regulations, your security assessment will include a compliance assessment.
- Weak log-in credentials account for 80% of all data breaches. A good IT service provider knows this and so sets up two-factor authentication for all employees. This form of authentication is not only surprisingly time-efficient but also extremely effective in deterring hackers.
- Many good IT service providers also offer secure cloud storage solutions. Secure cloud storage not only protects valuable business data but also serves as a back-up of company information that can be relied on in the event of a ransomware attack.
- Security-minded IT service providers use the best intrusion detection systems and anti-virus/anti-malware programs on the market. These programs are regularly updated to ensure constant security.
- Security-minded IT service providers top-tier network security to ensure that all incoming and outgoing network traffic is authorized.
Security-Focus IT Support Company in Las Vegas
Network Security Associates has fifteen years of experience providing cutting-edge IT services to businesses throughout the state of Nevada. It is one of only three companies licensed by the Nevada Gaming Commission to work with the casino industry and has the skill set, tools, and certified experts on hand to expertly manage the IT needs of any industry. NSA offers free initial security assessments, free ongoing employee training, secure cloud services, automatic software updates, secure wireless network set-up and maintenance and much more. Get in touch with us at your convenience to discover how we can help you create the perfectly secure, efficient IT set-up you need to boost your business now and in the future.